1) Drawing Eyebrows Free-Hand with Wax or Eyebrow Pencils
- You need to sharpen your pencils each time before using on clients
- Wax pencil is a great tool for free-hand drawing and it is most widely used among PMU artists.
- Most PMU artists like to show makeup look to their clients to make sure client is happy with the shape 100%
- You can put little dots with a medical marker to secure your design
- Normally the tip of the pencil is sharpened with an exacto knife to allow the lines to appear very thin.
- You can either buy preened string or ink it with your pigment or eyebrow wax pencil.
- String can be used to draw straight lines more easily either vertically or horizontally.
- String allows you to check the symmetry of the brows.
- String also ensures your brow shape is not crooked or dipped-in.
3. Sticker Ruler
- Sticker ruler helps to find key measurement points more easily.
- Golden ratio is already done for you if you don't like working with numbers.
- Brow artists can easily replicate the brow starting point, arch point and the tail end. It is also a great tool for replicating the length of the brows.
- This is a great tool if you are struggling to get the perfect symmetry
- Cost efficient and you can easily pair with the other measurement tools to ensure your design is perfectly symmetric for your client.
- Caliper is composed of 3 arms and it is a quick way of duplicating the golden ratio points.
- It can easily measure the distance from each golden ratio point.
- It also helps to identify the ideal brow shape proportional to the face.
- The measurements may not be as precise as a ruler.